Mark was born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire in 1962, he now lives and works from his studio in Brill village.
A self taught painter, he works predominantly in oils, specialising in portrait and figurative work, commissions to date include Antony Worrall Thompson and the Lord Mayor of Birmingham.
Mark also enjoys painting ‘en plein air’ and can be seen painting in all weathers around Brill and the surrounding villages.
He started painting in 2001 and was elected member of The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists in 2007.
He has exhibited work with The Royal Society of Portrait Painters at the Mall galleries in London and exhibits regularly at the RBSA in Birmingham.
- Elected member of Buckinghamshire Art Society (2011)
- Elected member of The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists.(2007)
- Elected associate member of The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists.(2006)
- Portrait of Tony/knife painting selected for Patchings 2014 exhibition.
- Portrait of Sir Walter. J. Wallis, Patchings 2013 highly commended.
- Portrait ‘Len’ awarded The Artists and Illustrators Artist of the year West Design prize, peoples choice award 2012.
- Portrait of musician John Otway exhibited at The Birmingham Royal Society Of Artists 2006 prize exhibition. Awarded Highly Commended.(2006)
- Portrait ‘Angelo’ exhibited at the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists open all media exhibition.
Winner of the Leo Honigsberger prize.(2006)
- Portrait ‘Len’ exhibited at the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists open all media exhibition. Awarded Highly Commended.(2005)
- Portrait of John Hood Lord Mayor of Birmingham.(2008)
- Portrait of Antony Worrall Thompson.(2005)
- Self portrait shortlisted out of nearly 10,000 entries for the Daily Mail ‘Not the Turner Prize’ and exhibited at The Mall Galleries, London.(2005)
- Featured on ITV’s ‘A Brush With Fame’, winner of the Birmingham wild card and portrait chosen by Antony Worrall Thompson as his favourite.(2005)
- Portrait painting demonstration for Berkhamsted art society, March 2014.
- Portrait painting demonstration at Hughendon art group, November 23rd 2015.
- Portrait painting demonstration for Watford and Bushey art society 2nd May 2017.
- Master Art Workshops, Little Berkhamsted village hall, April 2016 Learn how to paint bold expressive portraits with painting knives.
- Henley Art and Crafts Guild Portrait painting workshop 30th September 2016.
- Portrait painting workshop ArtHouse, Benidoleig, Cost Blanca, Spain. 4th-5th November 2016.
- Master Art Workshops, Little Berkhamsted village hall, April 2017
Mirror image, learn how to paint a self portrait in oils.
- Pinner Sketch Club Portrait painting demonstration 7th September 2017.